Monday, May 11, 2009

Fishing Opener

Fishing "Opener" on Leech Lake was successfull for many friends and neighbors on Oak Point. We stopped at Oak Point Resort yesterday and spoke to the owner who was real pleased, they were full with fishermen with good fishing reports, including one Walleye that was caught and released that measured 31.5 inches. My neighbor and I fished off my dock and kept a limit of fish to send back with him to the cities. On Sunday morning there was a string of boats from Goose Island to Star Point, just north of my neighborhood, that must have been 80 to 100 strong. I heard similar number of boats off from Pine and Stoney Points. It was chilly, I don't think it got out of the 40 on Saturday. Had to come in and warm my hands.

We inked an agreement to sell another lot at Oak Point Estates, closing to be in early June if all goes well. That will make four lots sold. Go to www.oakpointestatesmn.com to check out the lot. The big common dock at Oak Point Estates has been installed.

Their are leaves to pickup and new grass to start thinking about cutting. The Wild Leeks are up and soon my wife and I need to go picking. Wild Leeks are a great addition to a sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment