Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall Colors


This last weekend the colors out on Oak Point had to be at their peak. This past week when Minnesota had its deluge in the southern parts of our state we got close to 2 inches or rain which brought down some acorns and leaves. Fall officially arrived on Wednesday the 23rd. Still no killing frost, but that can't be far off now.


Black Bear/Deer Hunting


No more stories of successful hunts. But more sighting along the road. In fact my wife saw one going after some still green grapes along Chippewa Ch Rd just adjacent to our home. The bear are after the food to fatten up for the long winter nap. According to the DNR the number of bear kills lags behind last year.


Deer hunters are talking about where they are going to put up their stands this year. A few die hard archery deer hunters are taking to the stands. That sport takes an enormous amount of patience waiting for the deer to come by. Lots of leaves still on the trees and shrubs make it very difficult to see the deer.


Fall Chores


I am having a hard time getting my fall chores done. I have been splitting wood, not for this winter, but for the 2011-2012 season. My wood shed is just about full, but my pile is still high. I have been mulching my leaves already when I mow my lawn. We will start to pick up the leaves about one month from now. The Oak leaves stay on for some time. I have begun taking apart my garden. Still have some beets and potatoes to dig and some winter squash to put away. One chore that I need to get at is bring in the boat and getting it ready for winter storage. I will take the boat in to change the oil in the four stroke engine.


Biggs Family


Congratulation to the Biggs Family of Plymouth, MN for their purchase of Lot # 14 in Oak Point Estates. They plan on starting building yet this fall. This makes the 6th lot sold with 7 more lots left. Our thanks to the Biggs Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment