Monday, October 4, 2010

Twin Cities Marathon

Our daughter-in-law Stephanie Nitchals ran her first marathon yesterday on a chilly October morning. Her time was 3 hrs and 53 min. and she stayed under 4 hours. This is the mother of our 3 grand kids. She took up running about two years ago. Their were 11,ooo runners that started the race, with about 9,000 finished. They estimated that 300,000 spectators lined the 26 miles of the streets to watch the race. She was the 357th woman to finish the race. We are real proud of her reaching this goal she set for herself.

Frost

We didn't have a frost here by Leech Lake, the big lake effect keep us warm on both Saturday and Sunday morning, but a few miles away from the lake there was frost. I took in my winter squash and dug the last of my baking potatoes this morning. I believe that our growing season has officially come to an end. Beautiful day today with heights for casted in the 60's and 70's this week.


Fall Chores

With the help of my neighbor and friend Dennis Yepma, we brought in my boat for the season. Took the boat into the marine shop to have it winterized and serviced for next year. My dock and lift are ready for those people to come this coming weekend to put that equipment up on shore. Had to take my leaf blower in to be worked on, should be able to get it by tomorrow.


High Speed Internet

I know that I have mentioned it before, one of our luxuries is the high speed Internet and cable TV that we get through Paul Bunyan Telephone out of Bemidji. I am able to get most of the sporting events live on my TV screen. This week the Twins start post season baseball. I get most of the NFL football games on Sunday, Sunday evening and on Monday nights. I am able to play fantasy Football with my friends on our computer. Not bad for living in the Chippewa National Forest.


Walleye Meeting

A reminder of the October 13th meeting that the DNR is having at the Walker HS Commons to discuss the proposed slot change from 18 to 26 inch fish to 20 to 26 inch fish. The meeting is from 6 to 9 pm. I plan on going and voicing my support for the change.


No comments:

Post a Comment